WE COLLECT THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF INFORMATION:
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide when you create an account or otherwise purchase or request services from CCP or our business partners. This personal information includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, downloading to our games, posting material, or requesting or purchasing other services. We also may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by our business partners or when you report a problem with our Site.
When you create an account or otherwise purchase services, you are required to submit your name, your email address, and other contact information. Once you sign into the Site using your login information, you are not anonymous to us.
When you use a Site, we gather information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners. We use IP addresses for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer the Site.
We collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and Site usage. This information may include details of (1) transactions you carry out through our Site, (2) the fulfillment of your orders and (3) your visits to our Site, such as location data, traffic, weblogs and other communication data, and resources you access. We may collect this information regardless of whether required for our own billing purposes. This information is used to analyze and improve the Site and to provide CCP users with a more fulfilling experience.
Cookies are small files that reside on your computer’s hard drive and store information about your use of our Site. Cookies help us to improve our Site and deliver a more personalized service. Generally speaking, cookies enable us to:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To recognize you when you return to our Site
For your information, we use the following specific types of cookies on our Site:
- “Strictly necessary cookies”:These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of a website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- “Analytical/performance cookies”:These types of cookies allow providers to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around their website when they are using it. This assists providers in improving the way their website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- “Functionality cookies”:These are used to recognise users when they return to a website. They enable the personalisation of content, the recognition of users and remember user preferences (for example, their choice of language or region).
- “Targeting cookies”:These cookies record a user's visit to a website, the individual pages visited and the links followed. If the cookie is set by a third party (for example, an advertising network) which also monitors traffic on other websites, this type of cookies may also be used to track a user's movements across different website and to create profiles of their general online behaviour. Information collected by tracking cookies is commonly used to serve users with targeted online advertising.
WE MAY SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
TO CONTACT YOU
We may use your personal information to contact you. For example, we may send you e-mail messages under the following circumstances:
- to respond to an inquiry or request for information;
- to thank you for contacting us;
- to welcome you to the Site;
- to explain new offerings and features of the Company;
- to communicate with you regarding your use of the Site; and
- to to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to market CCP’s products and services and the products and services of our business partners.
We may use your personally identifiable information to provide information or products that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purpose, to perform services that you request we perform, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us and/or to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may share your personally identifiable information within our corporate group (which includes CCP and any parent or subsidiary companies) for the purposes of furthering our business and services, including analyzing your information, improving the Site, and other uses.
We may collect aggregated demographic information about our users, such as age, interests, etc. We may share certain aggregated demographic information with our business partners regarding the users of the Site. The aggregated information that we provide is not directly linked to any personally identifiable information.
THIRD PARTY USE
We may share your personally identifiable information with our subsidiary companies, our affiliates and our business partners, all of whom work with or on behalf of CCP under confidentiality and data protection obligations. These companies may use your personal information to assist CCP in performing services you requested, or for communicating with you about the Site, CCP, or other offerings of CCP or our business partners. Such third parties will be contractually obligated to protect your information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use and disclose your personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary for the following reasons:
- to correct technical problems and malfunctions in how we provide our products and services to you and to process your information;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- to take precautions against liability;
- to respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third parties;
- as required by law or to respond to judicial process; and
- as permitted under other provisions of law, to provide personal information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer (and their respective employees, contractors, officers and directors) of such business or assets;
- if CCP or any of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data we hold about our users may be one of the transferred assets;
You understand and agree that technical processing of your information is and may be required to:
- send and receive messages regarding your use of the Site;
- conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks;
- conform to the limitations of our service; or
- conform to other, similar technical requirements.
We may monitor how our users use our Site including without limitation search terms entered, pages visited, and documents viewed. This information may be stored with an IP address. This information is used solely for purposes of enabling us to provide you with a personalized Site experience. Aggregated forms of this data may also be used in order to help us understand areas for future research and to identify future features and functions to develop for the Site.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for and shall not have any liability arising from the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
PROCESSING (INCLUDING STORAGE AND TRANSFER) OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to review the information about you held by us. In addition, you may change the information provided to us. For questions about your information, or to receive or change the information about you, please contact us at: email@example.com.
CCP takes precautions to protect data and information under our control from misuse, loss or alteration. CCP’s security measures include industry-standard technology and equipment to help protect your information, and we maintain security measures to allow only the appropriate personnel and contractors access to your information. Unfortunately, no system can ensure complete security, and CCP disclaims any liability resulting from use of the Site. If you have any questions about the security at our Site, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGE IN CONTROL
"Change in control" means any of the following events:
- a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition or other restructuring involving all or substantially all of our voting securities and/or assets, by operation of law or otherwise;
- a general assignment for the benefit of creditors;
- appointment of a receiver for our business or assets;
- we become subject to any bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings, whether domestic or foreign; or
- our liquidation, voluntarily or otherwise.
Effective Date: Sept 5, 2012