*UPDATED TOURNAMENT DATES BELOW*
Mercenaries, soldiers, immortals! With the Uprising 1.2 update upon us, it’s a better time than ever to get your boots on the ground and unholster your weapons! We’ve got a number of great events in store for you in July and August which will allow you to earn some awesome rewards. And it all starts with the…
Triple SP Event
Starting on July 4 and ending on July 10, we will be hosting a Triple Skill Point Event for all players who log in to play. During the event period your skill point cap will be tripled and your skill booster bonuses are stacked with the triple skill point reward. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to earn extra skill points and get that level 5 skill that you’ve been training for.
Here's some details on the Triple SP event that you will want to know:
- The weekly SP cap will reset on Wednesday, July 3rd as usual after DT. If you hit your weekly in the first day then you will still be eligible for the extended SP cap for the event on Thursday.
- The passive SP gain and caps are not part of the triple SP event, so they will work normally.
- Your extra SP earned from skill boosters do not count towards your weekly SP cap.
Our next event, the Mordu’s Challenge, will take place from July 11 to July 18. Mordu’s Legion, the famous mercenary corporation in New Eden, has decided to challenge cloned mercenaries in an effort to see what they’re worth. We’ve gotten a lot of good feedback from those of you who’ve participated in previous events and we have implemented new elements in this event thanks to your comments. The Mordu’s Challenge event will offer players 5 separate goals to achieve during the event. These goals and event rewards are as follows:
- 100x Enemy Kills – Assault C/1-Series Dropsuit + C15-A Tactical Sniper Rifle (all equipment Caldari themed) 50 x BPC
- 100x installation destruction – Logistics M/1-Series Dropsuit + BDR-8 Triage Repair Tool (all equipment is Minmatar themed) 50 x BPC
- 100x Objective Hacks – (includes vehicles, CRU, turrets, supply depots and the skirmish objectives. Hack assists do not count) – Scout G/1 Series Dropsuit + GLU-5 Tactical Assault Rifle (all equipment Gallente themed) 50 x BPC
- 100x Enemy kill assists – Prometheus class dropship 25 x BPC
- Achieve all of the above – Falchion class HAV + 80GJ Stabilized Neutron Blaster + HT Linear Flux Stabilizer 100 x BPC
Go for the goals that best suit your play style, or get them all and earn some exceptional equipment to dominate the battlefield!
Only public matches count for this competition. Statistics from Corporation, Planetary Conquest and Factional Warfare battles will not be taken into account. The competition will run from post downtime, Thursday July 11, 2013 until downtime Thursday July 18, 2013.
No official entry is required for this competition. Simply play and your statistics will be tracked and recorded.
DUST 514 Prime League Tournament
Also in July, we will begin entry registration for the first open DUST 514 Tournament. This time around we will be hosting the Uprising tournament with UrgentFury, an accomplished online organizer in the console FPS scene.
*UPDATED DATES* Registration begins on July 26 and ends on August 2 and the tournament is open to all EVE/DUST player corporations. The tournament will begin on August 12 with elimination rounds ending on September 6 and the championship matches starting on September 9 and ending on September 18.
We will have more detailed info available in a new DUST 514 tournament dev blog tomorrow, July 26.
This is just the beginning. Don’t miss this great opportunity to have fun and compete for great rewards. And stay tuned for news about future events. See you on the battlefield